,

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Art Commission Not Getting Paid

I wasn't too happy with my last client and that I didn't get enough credit for my hard work; not even a small contribution.

In early May, I've completed a commission request that I've worked on for over a month. I was really happy with the work and results so far and that it was completed in time for Mother's Day.

I emailed the preview image to my client and he told me it wasn't what he wanted. So I asked him for more info and details. The background wasn't what he expected so I decided to update that and send him a hi-res file of my work. I waited for his email on his input, but no response after more than a week. I wasn't happy and felt that I got ripped off and wasted my time.

Here is the thumbnail sized image of the work, entitled "Fairies". My client asked to have a fairy theme of his wife and two girls.



With so many clients I dealt with, this is the first time ever with this situation. For any future commissions, I now require a 50% deposit. If you like to continue your support for my art, you can purchase prints from my existing gallery and/or make contributions. All donations go toward equipment and supplies for my work.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments: